9/16/09

Finally in Portugal

I am finally in Portugal. My apartment is near a little grocery store and a great playground for my little brother and sister. I have tried several Portuguese pastries and snacks, especially the pastel de nata which is a pastry that is shaped sort of like a basket and filled with cream.

Wandering: Lots of little shops and cafes, one bigger store, a shopping mall, lots and lots of walking on cobblestone streets (ruas).

Wondering: Will I EVER make any friends here?! It is just the first week, though.

Something interesting to end up with: All the subway stations have tiles (azulejos) decorated by different artists in them: crusaders who looked like chess pieces, bullfighters who seemed to be designed by Picasso, lords and ladies sometimes whole but then also missing tiles or all switched around...

No comments:

Post a Comment